Psalms 23 is more than just a popular text we hear at funerals...it speaks volumes about the Goodness of God. Over the next few weeks we will be posting Pastor's teaching notes as he guides us through this wonderful Psalm.
Here are 9 ways the Good Shepherd (Jesus) relates to us found from Psalms 23...
1. HE WILL MEET MY NEEDS WHEN I’M WORRIED.
“The Lord is my shepherd; I will lack nothing.” vs. 1
2. HE WILL TEACH ME TO RELAX WHEN I’M STRESSED.
“He makes me lie down in green pastures, and he leads me beside
quiet waters.” vs. 2
3. HE WILL REPLENISH MY STRENGTH WHEN I’M EMPTY.
“He restores my soul” vs. 3a
4. HE WILL GUIDE ME WHEN I’M CONFUSED.
“He guides me in the right paths for his name’s sake.” vs. 3b
5. HE WILL WALK WITH ME IN DARK & FEARFUL DAYS.
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me.” vs. 4a
6. HE WILL PROTECT ME WHEN I FEEL INSECURE.
“Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” vs. 4b
7. HE WILL PUBLICLY SHOW HIS FAVOR ON MY LIFE.
“You prepare a banquet for me in front of all my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.” vs. 5
8. HE WILL BE GOOD TO ME NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS.
“Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life.” vs.6a
9. HE WILL TAKE ME TO HEAVEN ONE DAY.
“And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” Psalm 23:6b
Have questions? Need prayer? Please email us at email@example.com