THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT: Pt 2.
February 28, 2021
When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the
word of God, they sent Peter and John to Samaria. When they arrived, they
prayed for the new believers there that they might receive the Holy Spirit,
because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply
been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then Peter and John placed
their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit. ACTS 8:14-17
The Scriptures do not give a formula for receiving the Baptism
of the Holy Spirit, but the following considerations will be
1. THE BAPTISM IN THE SPIRIT IS A GIFT.
SCRIPTURE: Acts 1:4, Acts 2:38, Acts 10:45
2. ALL BELIEVERS CAN RECEIVE.
SCRIPTURE: Numbers 11:29, Joel 2:28-29, Acts 1:8
3. THE SPIRIT ALREADY INDWELLS WITHIN BELIEVERS:
SCRIPTURE: Romans 8:15–17, Ephesians 1:13–14, 1 Corinthians 12:13
4. PRAYER & PRAISE OFTEN LEAD THE WAY
SCRIPTURE: Psalms 109:30, Acts 13:2, Acts 16:25-26
5. WE MUST HAVE BOTH EXPECTANCY AND OPENNESS.
SCRIPTURE: Psalm 27:13, Luke 8:5, Ephesians 1:18
6. “SPECIAL BLESSINGS” CAN OCCUR ALONG THE WAY.
SCRIPTURE: Acts 10:46, Acts 11:15-17
7. GOD WILL NOT PERMIT SINCERE SEEKERS TO HAVE A ‘COUNTERFEIT’ EXPERIENCE.
SCRIPTURE: John 16:13, Luke 11:11-13
8. GOD’S TIMING MAY DIFFER FROM OURS.
SCRIPTURE: Psalms 18:30, Lamentations 3:25
BONUS: INWARD – UPWARD – OUTWARD
Need Prayer? We got you covered!